RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: bradpaul
//SNIP//
BTW HC is it a co-incidence that the AMA Discussion Forum is being killed with the new Foundation'' as an issue ?

Brad
There are a number of opinions swimming around in my head. It would take a thick book to write all such possibilities that I can conjure up. However having served as I did when I was an AVP, being left off the ballot for reelection, winning back by WRITE-IN, accomplishing what I did during that second term, and since then being zapped when again running for EVP, being denied the ballot by the EC, excetera, excetera, well friend, I must have more scars than most anyone in the arena of AMA Politics.

Brad and others, All I can provide is pure speculation and puzzle fitting.

Early '80s write-in votes were hidden by AMA Staff.Presdient finds votes in AMA gheadquarters and one person wins back his seat, Another is just a few votes short of winning back his position.

Several years later, new President has election turned over to an auditor. Works well for a number of years.

A famous person gets the AMA Presidency, one connected to EAA, also has a fine business out East, gives it all up for moving to Muncie for the EVP job that has to be way short of what he earned elsewhere. [:-]

Then in one swoop: Election ballots come back to AMA Headquarters. Same time the favored and most folks I talked to figured a shoe-in, the most progressive candidate for the AMA President, in YEARS, is not voted in. The winner is one that is a super nice guy, but has not - in my opinion - been very much a doer as a DVP for many years. He certainly failed to answer any question from me sent both by email and by snail mail.
Some years ago, I and another member offered to finance AMA's putting in a first class RV Park, at avery low interest rate, IIRC like 4-5% for whatever term AMA wanted. (At the time I was earning 8 to 13% on other such investments)

This now new Pres, then a DVP in charge of such, turned us down flat with all sorts of excuses.

Now as AMA has never spoke of a foundation, in one EC meeting, AMA institutes plans for a foundation emerging with bylaws being written with NO concern for previous information being presented to anyone other than the EC itself. NO MEMBER INPUT! NO REQUEST for info FROM MEMBERS, REGULAR OR LEADERS.

Therefore Brad therin the above lies my answer to your question. You already knew my answer as we have crossed paths too many times before. However Thanks to you for allowing me to give these new guys some of the history of AMA.

Hey, speaking of history, for you youngsters, read those 7-20 -12 minutes. AMA has instituted a possible 90 day membership suspension if you violate the AMA Safety Code. AMA Bylaws allow for the AMA to take all your priveleges if they deem it OK to do so. The Bylaws require a hearing if they wish to kick you out, but suspension from any activity or AMA facility is possible with no warning. At least the ATTORNEY spoke up that they may be pulling a bit too much there. That is a good point to remember.

Using Safety Code as a foot-in-the door could be something to think about. Once they get the foundation like EAA's organization, and the publishing corporation becomes a profit making entity outside any 501 (c) (3) connection, and you will be required to be a member of this Community Based Organization, well folks the sky is the limit if you wish to fly RC. NOW YOU KNOW!