RCU Forums - View Single Post - PA Addiction X??
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: PA Addiction X??

The next step was to build the aileron controle rods. This is where I ran into some trouble. I used a small wire to gage the depth of the plastick ball link end and the metal clevis. After measuring and cutting the carbon rod to length, I glued one end into the metal clevis and started to glue the other end into the plastic ball link. The hole in the threaded end of the ball link is too small for the carbon rod. I could only get it in about half way. The instructions also say to use a dremmel tool to make a few notches in each end of the rod so the glue sticks better. After forcing the plastic ball link end more onto the carbon rod, I broke it right off,#@##*#**#@*. A trip to the hobby store got me a .08 inch carbon rod. The stock rod is .07 inch. I got very lucky and was able to drill the carbon rod out of the ball link and reuse it. It was a little oversize, but the .08 rod fit good. I used a 1/16 inch bit on the ball link and to get the glue out of the metal clevis end. This time I only notched the carbon rods about 1/4 inch down on both ends. Then glued the rods into the plastic ball links first, set the controle surfaces up for neutral with tape, measured the proper length of the carbon rods, cut them and glued them into the metal clevis ends and all was good. The Carbon horns were also a bit of a stuggle, "next post".