View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: init4fun

For anyone in the AMA that is reading ,

The real reason there never was any traffic at the AMA forum is all due to one moderator , ARBO , deleting any and all posts that he didn't like the poster of , even if such posts broke NO forum rules !

I just posted a question as to where a missing post went , and of course , without explaination , my post was deleted by ARBO as well . I defy ANYONE in the AMA management of that site to examine the post of mine that ARBO deleted , and tell me it broke any rule ! ( PS , the missing post I was asking about wasn't mine , I had just seen a fractured thread , and wondered what had been cut out of it . )

The quote of the removed post ;

''Why does it seem that Frank is talking to someone who isn't there ? Was there a post before his that got deleted without explaination ? Shame on anyone who would fracture this , what may be the last thread of the AMA forum ! But then , maybe all these fractured threads are the reason for the forum's upcoming demise ! Oh well , Later , it's been , mostly , fun...''

Now tell me , fellow AMAers , is that post in any way breaking of any rules , or is it just , once again , Paul being a bully with the only means he has , the delete button ?

REMOVE ARBO AS A MODERATOR AND MAYBE THE AMA FORUM WILL SEE THE POSTCOUNT TO SURVIVE !!!!!!!!

(Edited to add PS )
Your right about Arbo being one of the problems but there were more like him there on occasion.. That forum is not the only forum that takes on the flavor of the moderation. I look at good moderation to be something like baseball...ties should go to the runner/poster... but all too often posts are deleted with less than clear or flagrant rule violations. Subjectivity is the problem...and always will be... Its sort of a given, those that wish to moderate probably shouldn't be the ones doing it... We see examples of that everywhere else in life too...