RCU Forums - View Single Post - PA Addiction X??
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:43 PM
jknox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PA Addiction X??

Nice log Steve. I too had to sand the horizontal stab opening quite a bit to achieve level with wings. I wonder if all are off in the same direction. The hinges were a pain on mine too - Mostly becausethe openings were where the green covering overlapped and I couldn'tsee through the two layers. The CF linkages are a bit difficult because there's no room for error -only adjustmentis servo subtrim. Mine turned out fine, but a lot of time went into them. But it was all worth it because I currently have the most unique model at my field. Everyone comments on how slow and stable it flies. I've got about 25-30 flights on mine now and I'm getting comfortable with it. I'm a rank 3D amateur and I'm hovering as long as I care to, waterfalls, harriers, knife edge - all dead easy. Also extremely stable and controllable flying low and slow on max throws (unlike my big fuel planes).

Are you putting the rudder servo up front? You'll likely be tail heavy if you don't - or use a spinner (I'm just running a prop adapter) I think you'll be quite happy with the Hitec 82s - Mine have plenty of power and speed for 3D throws. Keep the posts coming - I'm ready to hear how you like the flight characteristics.

Oh, and I had the same issue with the circlip on the motor. They say not to enlarge to opening for the shaft. What the **** do they expect you to do? Motor can't turn unless you do.