RCU Forums - View Single Post - A123 Question
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: A123 Question

First, my name is Andy or Andrew. Andy Griffith in fact. My name isn't Mr Moderator, nor do I moderate anything but the helicopter forums. In the gas, giant scale, and any other forums I participate in I'm just a user like anyone else. I have no problem with the jabs back and forth, you and I do things differently, I acknowlege and respect your opinion and I refer to you as Dan even though we do have our own way of doing things. As for me, as you can see from my AMA number, I'm neither a kid or a newb, I've been doing this a while. Though admittedly my profession (computer network engineer) means my personality leans towards playing with the newest toys like A123's, 2.4 technology, etc.

Yes, you can cycle LiFe or A123 batteries like any other chemistry to determine capacity.

They don't benefit from cycling like Nickel based batteries but it will tell you capacity.

The link I posted is a FAQ by a well known and respected battery supplier. If WrongWay wasn't a Florida guy that is pleasant to deal with I'd get my stuff from Hang Times.