RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: Arbo

init, with only three weeks left until it goes away, and your desire to not be banned when it closes, and your promises to behave, you are back on.
[8D] Honestly , and with no sarcasm intended , Thank You for that !

I know I've directed a lot of anger at you for that forum's demise , Much in the same way Baseball fans always blame the manager , I guess it's just human nature .

Make no mistake , I don't hate Paul Arbo or anybody else out here ! I know my harsh assessments don't always look in print the way I meant them to look , And I'll freely admit to letting my anger at the loss of the AMA forum be vented on Paul . We had a golden opportunity slip through our hands to have a forum beholden to NO manufacturer , and that opportunity failed . All of us as AMAers and fellow modelers of all kinds have lost out here .

A discussion forum has to allow all opinions that are presented in a non rulebreaking way . That's the only way true discussion can take place . To have had a place , sanctioned by the AMA , where ANY product or manufacturer could have been discussed would have been a dream come true . Now , when the AMA forum is switched off , it will leave mostly the talk on the commercial sites . Good luck with going to RCG if you've got a HK problem ! A national , neutral site is just what was needed . And we lost it . I'm done playin the blame game , , , after all , It IS nothing more than "crying over spilt milk"

Happy Flying Guys , ALL of you ! [8D]