RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:59 AM
phlpsfrnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: Arbo

LCS and Pfrank, I sent messages on the AMA forum, and posted in the moderator section, WRT my intentions once I saw the 'official' word go out that the forum was 'done'. That was to not let it 'go out' with a bunch of people getting on there and causing trouble. Nobody said 'no'. And all the AMA employees and officials that check the forum, have read that message frank, all have the ability to 'moderate' anything they do not want there. Take from that whatever you want.
Paul,
This last ticket was not the first of its kind and I've stated on numerous occasions that that is a problem. I have civilly suggested improvements that were met with ridicule and censoring. If you are telling me that you are the only moderator/administrator that can close abuse tickets, including abuse tickets against your own posts I'm not buying it. If half of what you say is true about the administration above you and their lack of management then I feel sorry for you for being used as their scapegoat for the failure of the forum. Time and time again you have had the last word by locking threads with a final post that more often than not broke the same rules you claimed to be enforcing.

Your attitude and treatment of “a bunch of people getting on there and causing trouble” was a large part of the problem. Like it or not that “bunch of people” were card carrying members that deserved a voice. Your job should have been to help them keep it civil, not to act as the administrations censor and/or their hatchet man as you claim. I applaud you for wanting to take on the task; however I condemn you for being incapable or unwilling to properly accomplish what could have been a successful forum. I also condemn the administration for letting it happen but maybe that was the intent all along.

Regards
Frank