RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

ORIGINAL: FNQFLYER

Yes, I assume that is what you have that big Saito in, yes or no??
Have you seen any one flying the Austar Swodfish over your way. I gather there is one flying in the west. We have one flying sort of here on the east coast (at Calvert Field) and the initial constructors have done just about everything wrong that can be done to it. Re inventing the wheel when the build blog solved every problem that arose.
What has that to do with Saitos, well I have said kit and am going to follow the poms and use a FG36 instead of the 55 gas engines (aka lead bricks) that most people are using elsewhere. So before I embark on the kit assembly I was wondering what experience others have had with the engine in this sort of application
Yes it's well and truly overpowered by the 220 glo version at 72" wingspan.Only seen one fg36 in a cropduster low wing about 80" wingspan,flew it with some authority but was'nt tuned well,that's all i can offer as a comparison if you like.On the 55 gas engine front i have a blackhorse 90" edge 540 v3 designed for the os55 gt engine.I have a fg57 twin in mine and don't have to add any lead down the back for the balance to be good,go figure.. flying weight will be ten kilo's and you tube vids show the 57 hauling corsairs and other scale birds around with ease,and they weigh half as much again.Looking forward to flying mine with a big prop and stubby exhausts