RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 AM
Arbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

Paul,
This last ticket was not the first of its kind and I've stated on numerous occasions that that is a problem. I have civilly suggested improvements that were met with ridicule and censoring. If you are telling me that you are the only moderator/administrator that can close abuse tickets, including abuse tickets against your own posts I'm not buying it. If half of what you say is true about the administration above you and their lack of management then I feel sorry for you for being used as their scapegoat for the failure of the forum. Time and time again you have had the last word by locking threads with a final post that more often than not broke the same rules you claimed to be enforcing.
You will continue to 'not buy' anything you hear that refutes what you don't want to believe. When Muroc was there, we would tell each other we could not moderate thread 'xxxxxx' because it was about us, so the other would do it if needed. When he left, I would post the same 'will not moderate this' messages in the moderator section, sometimes there would be a response, sometimes not. A few of the guys checked in somewhat regularly, but that didn't mean they responded or took action. In the end, it was always about the rules, from my view.

Your attitude and treatment of “a bunch of people getting on there and causing trouble” was a large part of the problem. Like it or not that “bunch of people” were card carrying members that deserved a voice. Your job should have been to help them keep it civil, not to act as the administrations censor and/or their hatchet man as you claim. I applaud you for wanting to take on the task; however I condemn you for being incapable or unwilling to properly accomplish what could have been a successful forum. I also condemn the administration for letting it happen but maybe that was the intent all along.
Nonsense. It doesn't matter if you are a 'card carrying member'. You still need to follow the rules. And it is nobody's job to teach others how to be civil. There isn't enough money to pay someone to do that, and we are talking about a volunteer position. There were pointers and reminders of the rules put out quite a lot, there were offers to explain them if there were any questions... sorry, but the rest was up to the individual. No forum that is about the hobby leads people through by the hand...