RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Arbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk
Bill,
I agree with you 100% however do not think that Leader Members only allowed to post would have solved anything. The LM only forum was full of violations of personal attacks and forum bashing from a select few. Arbo claimed to not be moderating that forum but there are a few locked threads where he was again allowed the last word/post. It was fortunately kept from the view of the general membership. Appeared to me to be a double standard but only proved to me that the Leader Members were no better than the general membership as far as violations and that is my opinion as a Leader Member.

Regards
Frank
pfrank is correct in that allowing only the Leader Members to post would still have given loads of posts that didn't belong, that violated the rules. The LM section is full of such posts. Though pfrank doubts my statement about not moderating that one, it is a fact, none of the 'normal' moderators had the power to moderate that forum, only the AMA staff had that power. That so many flagrant rules violations are in there, kinda tells the story about how much effort they put into it.