View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Arbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

One's I can answer...

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

What was the process to vet a new moderator?<o></o>

1. Any warm body that volunteers (even if previously banned on the forum?)

<o></o>

1. It appears so. It's not like people were coming out of the woodwork to offer their time or effort. As I recall, after Muroc left, I asked many to take on the positon, I believe including you. I would have LOVED for one of the people that trash talked me to get involved as well, to see how it really worked, and what went on and what they would have to deal with. But they all said no.

What was the process to review reported posts or to close threads?<o></o>

1. At moderator discression?
  2. A review with staff?

Before I became a moderator, removed messages were deleted, they could no longer be seen, they could not be retrieved or reviewed. Shortly after I started, per my suggestion, messages that were removed were sent to the recycle bin, which meant that they stayed there and mods/admins saw red text saying the message was recycled, by who, and what reason. Any mod/admin could click on that text and see the original message. In addition Muroc and I started putting threads in the moderators section about what was done and why, this was just about always done, sometimes it was missed as we were human. But we did our best to make sure each other and the admins always knew what was going on, allowing them to review each action made.

As an example, I have attached and image where I removed a users post, because it was a response to a different post that was a rules violation. Much like the moderator said here on RCU, we tried to remove such posts that contained quotes of removed messages as it didn't then make sense in the flow, and was no longer relevant. Did we catch all of them? Nope.

I also attached an example of notifying the admins of actions, this one where I actually agreed with what you said, but in the spirit of the rules and what the AMA wanted, removed it reguardless. It was never about if I agreed or not with the post.

<o></o>

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68045.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1794862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59335.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1794863