RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?

[q
if you are referring to me about the 1/8 scale going 80 i do not remember saying that but you can make an 1/8 scale go 80 if it is on road. if it is a buggy, good luck! you would have to have some high gearing!

and the epic is not putting out 1.8! almost every company exagerates (except novarossi) about hp! you should know this by know. novarossi under rates if anything. in rc nitro the c12 dyno'd in @ over 1bhp and novarossi said 1hp. sirio says their off road buggy motor is 2.8 and it dyno'd in @ 2.35.

i do, do my research. dont you?
bubbafien
There's one thing about Sirio and many other companies, I usually don't believe the numbers Sirio releases for most of their motors and the price of their motors! I read somewhere that their Sirio .21 (or was it .27) does 3.1 hp, which may be possible but they should proove it or have a magazine review and dyno it. I've been seeing the Epic .18 saying it does 1.8 hp, again I'm skeptical.

Sometimes a company like OS would post a lower hp than their engine actually produces- Like the RG's 1.9 hp which I believe is somewhere closer to 2.2 hp. I'm certain my GS 21B01 produces an accurate 2.2 hp.

Back on topic, The T-Maxx is reliable once you go aluminum on some parts (chassis braces, bumpers, skid plates, perhaps shock towers) and throw in CVD's all around. I would say going RPM on A-Arms but my neighbour just littelry snapped his brand new RPM A-arms yesterday at the track. I wouldn't go aluminum on A-arms due to experience of having it hit my leg.