RCU Forums - View Single Post - HSN came out of carb: IMPORTANT FOLLOW-UP
Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HSN came out of carb: IMPORTANT FOLLOW-UP

Guys,

So I got it started. I let it idle for about 20 seconds (took the temp - it was was 184 degrees).

I gave it a little throttle and it made an odd squeeling noise fora split second than stopped. I was able to get it started again but it dies after a few seconds. I re-tuned the engine back to factory settings (they were pretty much asstock settings anyway), and it won't start now. It turns over, but only for a few seconds max.

Itappears to be getting fuel (I attached a pic ofthe tubing).

Some thoughts I on what it can be:
1. The "squeeling" sound came when I gave it throttle. Remember that I had just put on a new clutch system. Perhaps something went wrong? However, I did drive it once (shortly) after putting on the new clutch. ALSO, let's say the clutch just got completey jacked - would this affect starting the car?

2. I could have messed up the needle itself somehow (even though I did not remove the needle from it's housing.

3. There was no washer on the housing thread - not sure if it comes with one or not, if it did I've lost it. Even if there is one, it would be to prevent fuel from leaking (I believe). No fuel leaks anywhere.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27396.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	1795476