RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Hi guys,

I feel like a newbe again trying to setup my FBL...couldn't get anything to work past the initial setup steps and couldn't figure it out until I read a few pages on HF - Aux2 and Gear/Gyro settings mixed up. Duh! Now things are moving forward again but of course...Isaac will be postponing any maidens this week.

You guys sound like you've been busy...

Nick, congrats on school starting. Hope the math quiz wasn't too bad with no calculator. At least you had a good flying day to end your vacation!

JPEE,

Night flying is a blast...I used to do some experimenting with my old nitro birds but nothing like you at midnight, just a little after dusk where the plane kinda gets lost when you get below the tree line. I bet those LED rolls make it super bright and easy to see. What fun!

Like you I left deans and EC's for something better...for me the powerpoles were my salvation as no soldering is needed. I hope the XT60's work out for you.

How did the Nano work in your quad? You are definitely treading uncharted waters with that quad of yours...and doing very well from the fun your having.

Take care guys,

Mark
Mark, sorry you had a hiccup in the FBL. But it appears you have it nailed now! You stay safe with that MONDO storm heading your way too. Time to stock up and hunker down baby.

I'll get some shots of the heli all lite up and post soon!

Last night was the NANO test and it was a success. With two packs in the Quad I got 14.40 minutes flight time. Now I can go further but when I punch the throttle and the red light flickers, it is time to comes down. But they are spectacular. With my old two year old Rhinos I was getting 9 min max. Also today I flew the quad naked! No stabilization, no gyros, no gps and wow that sucker is a hand full. It is like flying a CP PRO, wild crazy fast. We are gonna flying them high up so we can really see what its like. But first, we have to pull off the GPS head "just" in case we come down hard. That comes off with 4 screws and is worth $160-80 dollars so the no taking chances with that puppy. In the next day or two I will have my lights on my plane, I cant wait!

OBTW, the cops showed up the field at 11:30 last night. We thought OH CRAP someone complained. OH CONTRAIR, they said they saw them from 1.5 miles away in the sky and the one cop new where the field was so they dove over to say hello and see whatz up. Wheeeeeeeeeeeu