RCU Forums - View Single Post - TBM 93" Zero ARF Build
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Ultimateflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TBM 93

ORIGINAL: damagedgoodes

G'day Trevor,

I had the original UltraRC Zero that the TBM was based on and flew it with an MVVS58. It had 3kg of lead above the engine to balance and the model weighed 35lbs. It flew very well and was pretty quick, pleanty of go for large loops etc. I flew it with a Bolly then Xoar 23x10 two blade prop. I lost it at a flyin waiting to land and ran out of fuel in the worst spot. Result was a heavy landing from a stall and it destroyed the wings as all the ribs have lightening holes in them (they build these like 3d aerobats) and the ribs all shattered. I bought another on and have got the TBM longer non scale cowl so when I build that I won't need so much nose weight. I will be putting a DA85 in the next one because I have it on hand and the 58 is going in a Topflite P-47 kit I'm building. I'd say that if you have the Evo58 on hand use it rather than buy another engine like the G-62. In my opinion the Evo58 is a stronger engine.

Cheers,

Dave
Dave.
Thanks for the info.
I have decided that since I have the Evo 58 for this plane already, I will use it.
I hoping that I can get it balanced with putting my Battery Packs as far worward as possible.
If that dosn't do it I think Iwill try spacing the motor out from the firewall i bit to help shift the weight.
Trevor
Ultimateflying