RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club 40 Pylon Race at WAAM in Tuscaloosa Aug 4th, 2012
Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM
gefisher
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club 40 Pylon Race at WAAM in Tuscaloosa Aug 4th, 2012

ORIGINAL: Tbatt

Greg used his pit area to remove the engine head. His pit area was maybe ten feet from the impound table which was full with three airplanes on it. I'I don't think that Greg was doing anything wrong by removing the engine head in full view of everyone ten feet away from the inspection table.

I do agree that all airplanes should have been picked up from the runway and taken to a impound area by the tech inspectors. Next year we can try to do better.
Tim it really don’t matter if it’s 10’ or 200’ Greg knows he should have sat his plane up there and besides there was room on the table because there was only one plane on the table when he sat it up there because I was bringing my plane up there at that time and my plane made three on the table so you probably should get your story strait before making a comment on the matter! Hey guys it’s like this I am not pissed at anyone over this I think it could have been handled a little better but to hold a first time event the biggest Club 40 race yet and I would have to say the best race to date that Club 40 has had! The guys from Alabama all the clubs involved with it did a great job! This little infraction is very, very, very small to what we all can do in the future to make Club 40 grow and promote this great sport! I know for a fact that the guys from Texas are already making planes for the trip next year !

Gary