RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg super Chipmunk build
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Hab

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldberg super Chipmunk build

Thanks!

Yes... Posted 3 pics a while back. Two of the photos were on the balancer.
I had a problem trying to post pics on here before. Friend in my club finally got them posted up for me. Wish I'd have of been able to get out
earlier in the season with this. Tried last year, had problems with the YS right off the get go when I first tried for it last year.
Had other issues that rolled around that set me back a few steps.
Decided Sat. it was time. This plane needs to get airborne before the season ends and another year rolls by.
Had a very good day, Sunday, with it. That was it's maiden.
Loved when it rotated off the ground for the first time, and it's handling characteristics... then making a few fly-by passes and it only taking a few clicks of trim.
wow ..... "I'm liking this one" Wasn't sure how this was going to handle with the YS, but it's a dream to fly.

Got two YS .91's off fleabay for good prices 2 yrs ago when this build started. When I first mounted the chosen one for the Chip, had no luck
with first run -in. Tried the other (of course that one also had issues) What it was doing, ~1st .91~ as described when reading tech and other forums, pulling air into the system causing a lean run.
Common thing. Gaskets.
Went threw that motor with a gasket rebuild. Did gaskets, o-rings , diaphram, set lash ... etc
The other unfortunately needs a crank ( which is still available from YS) At some point I'll end up going through that one, complete.
Now; so far as they say when set right, this motor runs awesome and doesn't need to be touched.
VERY happy with this plane / combo. I'll try to get a vid posted one of these days.