RCU Forums - View Single Post - On the workbench tonight....
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: On the workbench tonight....

Charlie, I was in toucch with her owner today and he and I decided to go with a Sabertooth ESc to controll the drive for the tracks. We went with a small esc to use for the turret traverse. I decided to try to get the recoil done today so I don't have to battle with it later on in the build. All of it will be controlled via an Elmod Pro Flex board, complete with a blaster 4 sound board and CSI module to battle. If all goes according to plan, this thing should be a force to be reckoned with all around. powerful motors with chain drive, means no gears to strip and pleanty of power. I can dial in the Elmod with a hand held programmer to tweak all the parameters for the drive and turret functions also. Once we figure out how fast it is at the top end, it will go back to daryl for some new chain sprockets if needed to go even faster. We are looking in the 45-60mph scale speed, and I doubt we will be close to that with the current sprockets. I am liking this more and more....I never planned to buy an Abrams for myself....of course, now I have to have one...does this madness ever end???