RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setup for an OFNA hyper star electirc
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Aljo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setup for an OFNA hyper star electirc

Yes I forgot they require programming card thanks for bringing that up Foxy but the cards are $7.80 for the Turnigy TrackStar ESC and $5.74 for the Hobby King 150A ESC.
I have had a good experience with the Turnigy and HK branded 150AMP ESC's I admit that on 6s I worry but nothing has ever gone wrong with a little program tweaking (timing and punch) eliminating any issues I encountered with the slight cogging.
That ESC looks pretty identical to the Turnigy version.
Turnigy TrackStar 150A 1/8th Scale Brushless Car ESC SKYRC TORO 1/8 RC Model Buggy X8 1900KV Brushless Motor & 150A ESC Combo ME775

I would say that they are one in the same. As for the motor they look the same but the KV is different though they state the following Motor Limits :[/b]Brushless KV <= 2400:Up to 6S(25.2Volt), for 1/8 monster trucks and truggies -Brushless KV >2400:Up to 4S(16.8Volt), ideal for 1/8 buggieswhich makes the Turnigy motor excesive for their 6s setup which is interesting as 66780RPM is high but may not be a major problem depending on the build quality of the motor and I have not run 6s on the trackstar yet but have run 6s on the 2200kv Mamba Monster.

Sorry to say again, identical.

Here are pics of the program cards.

Even the control card is identical layout.

I am convinced that these are the same just rebadged.

Savox servos are awesome if it fits into your budget. I love to go overkill and aim for speed 0.10-0.13 sec and 18-25kg torque.

Just found this sensored Turnigy motor.
Turnigy TrackStar 1/8th Sensored Brushless Motor 2350KV