RCU Forums - View Single Post - Virus warning
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Virus warning

ORIGINAL: 3136
Oh for Christ's sakes just pay for a decent antivirus software and you wont have any more problems.
Why is it that eveyone who is using AVG is having problems? It's because it's crap!!! End of story cheapies!
I don't understand being accused of being stupid, because I use software that works, and filters my computer from crap, that free software does not.
How is that being stupid?
My pc is working fine, yours isn't , who is the stupid one?
Wow.. I wish I had the same magical insight into the networks I manage from my desk that you do from the other side of the world. What the heck makes you think everyone of us is running some kind of freeware??? I'm sitting on a business network with thousands of dollars invested in products from edge appliance filters down to desktop business products, and if a site is getting flagged, its not because of 'cheapie' software or the network decided it doesn't like RCU. Kindly explain to me why our Barracuda web filter product is also flagging the site? Any answer to that?

Why is it that our company has researchers and financial analysts on hundreds of sites everyday, and they don't seem to be getting flagged? Oh.. I get it now, its all ass-backwards.. RCU is OK and all the other sites are wrong! Anyway, keep playing with your more-than-the-rest-of-us-can-afford-and-is-never-wrong software, you obviously have it all figured out, the rest of us will just have to suffer...

Now.. for those looking for additional information, it seems the problem is stemming from banner ads. The pages with problems seem to have banners served up from morerc.com. Specifically ts001, ts004 and ts007.jpg I can't get any further than that without doing some sandboxing, as our 'cuda box shows the morerc.com site has exploit problems and won't let me on to it. Anyway, thats what I'm seeing, will leave it to the mods to sort out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76300.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1796068