RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Ryan STA
Thread: Sig Ryan STA
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:37 PM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts
Default RE: Sig Ryan STA

Thanks Robert for the linkI will be sure to use them in this build. Welcome, Acerc, FlyerInOKC, Smithcreek, EFand batdog!

It is true that the engine I am installing is overpowered for this model but with some of the modifications that I am planning and the throttle stick I will still be able to fly it "scale" and do it much cheaper than by usingglow fuel. The question of the DLE20 fitting inside of the cowl is a good one, and one that I will answer in just a moment.First thing thatI did however was to take the plans to a copier and have them duplicated, I did this for acouple ofreasons one which is obvious and the other being that I hate to build on folded plans, I much prefer rolled plans. Having done that- with plans on the work table I was able to come tothe conclusion that the DLE20, mounts and exhaust will fit under the cowl with no problems.

To fit the engine/mount combo, the firewall will need to be moved 1-5/8" back.(Pencils on the plan show original mount and future mount locations)Doing this will also solve an inherent weak point in the original build sequence which I will show in the next batch of photos to follow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24048.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1796134