RCU Forums - View Single Post - Virus warning
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Virus warning

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal
Now I don't know if this is accurate as I'm not entirely sure as to how it works but it is certainly relevant. I'm using AdBlock Plus with Firefox (Both free).. can someone perhaps try installing this addon and see if it fixes the issues?

A random thought but a possible one.
By the way, maybe you should try virtualization rather than a physical ''junk'' computer. Install Puppy Linkux, Wireshark and the rest of the capture tools.. besides, Linux is resistant to Windows based code. (Other attacks are another story of course)
That did cross my mind, but its looking like I'm not going to have a lot of time rest of this week. (No opportunity to even fire up the PC up at home last night). If its still hanging around thru the weekend, I may give it a shot, supposed to be raining here so no flying! []

In that vein I've used Ethereal and Wireshark for a few years, recently stumbled onto MS NetMon, not sure where I got it but had dumped it into a util dir and forgot about it. Fired it up a few days ago, and you know, I'm kinda impressed with it. Nice interface and a decent option set, various decodes, etc.. If you're into this stuff, and it sounds like you are, take a peek at it if haven't already. As to Linux, I must admit I'm not there yet, heck, I haven't been able to even get Umbutu to successfully install. Something else do do on a rainy day.. lol!!!