RCU Forums - View Single Post - 9th Annual Warbirds Over The Rockies
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: 9th Annual Warbirds Over The Rockies

I'm currently working on a new promo video for WOTR for Brian and going through all that video has me really excited to get out to event again. But it dawned on me today that there is still almost 2 months until WOTR is here!!! Damn that seems like a long time!!!!!

One thing for sure that stands out to me as I go through my footage from this event in years past, and that is Brian sure has put together a great event. It's easily turning into one of the premier warbird events in the country. And if anybody hasn't seen the noon demos and pyro show, I can tell you those alone are worth the trip out!!! The pyro show is totally awesome!!!!! As soon as we get the new promo video finished up I'll post a link here so that all of you can get a little taste of what the noon show is all about!!!!

And for anybody that is within driving distance of Ft. Collins, all I can say is load up your planes and come to the show. It's well worth it. If I wasn't covering the show I can tell you that I would have my warbirds in the back of my truck and I'd be on the road going to fly at the event!!! The flying is of course one of the best parts of the event, but more than that WOTR is about the people. I've been to a lot of events around the country and all of the have the public attend. That's part of the event. But at most other events they are lucky if they draw 1,000-1,500 spectators at their events. Brian easily pulls in 5,000-8,000 every year!!! The stands are always full with people watching the show. And not just the noon demos. There are as many people watching all the flying during the day as there is during the noon demo. They really love this event!!!!

See you all in Ft. Collins!!!!

Ken