RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys Super Decathlon coming
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC Guys Super Decathlon coming

Hi Scott,

I think you'll be fine with the line you have to the carb especially if it fits the carb's barb fitting well (and it should be a nice, tight fit), but make sure you double-check your connections, especially to the filter, and make sure the filter is tightly sealed everywhere. Easiest way to TEST a filter's integrity (or ANY fuel system part) is to eliminate/bypass it, and see how the system/motor responds. If it suddenly starts working, you have your culprit. I had excellent luck with the Sullivan crap-trap filters with my Saitos, if you decide you need to look for a replacement.

I noticed after I posted that you already sent yours in for repair, so if it's in the motor, Horizon will find it and fix it. They're excellent about that. If it's not in the motor, then it's in the support to the motor; Fuel, vent, return pressure from the exhaust.

Two other items to check on your Saito. Make sure the pressure tap from the muffler has a clear hole into the muffler - you need the pressure to push the fuel. Make sure the vent tap has a clear hole out from the crankcase - you need to be able to vent the crankcase properly through that big tubing I mentioned.

~ Jim ~[8D]