RCU Forums - View Single Post - Off topic - rant
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Off topic - rant

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

Maybe spelling is not all it's cracked up to be. It's amazing how complex the human mind is and it's ability to decipher text to convey meanings. The excerpt below is from a recent study. In a nutshell it shows that what's important is the first and last letter of a word. The letters in between can be jumbled. See if you can quickly read through this. I was amazed that I could make it through at about 3/4 reading speed.

if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

Perry

LOL That is the argument I use with my wife and kids who are grammar Nazis. All that is important is content. The rest is window dressing. I can tell you on my Blackberry I come no where close to using the King's language To damn slow and inefficient.