RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys Super Decathlon coming
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:04 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC Guys Super Decathlon coming

LOL - Paul, I've already laid out the early videos in a much different order. You're absolutely correct about that.

Sure, you can get it done just fine the way you did, but it's so tall like that and you're dealing with lots of stuff, and thinking, If I'd only known what I know now before I fit those tail feathers!

Hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Looks like you did a fine job anyway. This portion of the build is real detail work; it goes very slowly, but you know every minute you're doing it that it's one of the most important setup stages in the whole build. I'll cover ways to make that go more easily in my videos.

What was your distance from the firewall to the backplate? I notice the manual wasn't very specific, and my standoffs place my backplate at 6-1/2", so I'm curious.

I got my hands on a heavy Oak dowel stick from ??Home Depot?? or someplace like that. Super-dense Oak, solid as a stone, and when I need some extra length for a standoff, I just lay it into my chopsaw and cut it off square, at whatever exact thickness I need. Easy-Peasy, and it doesn't add any more weight than I need for the job to get done.

Nice photos. Wow, looks like you nailed that cowl/spinner placement from the front. Ooo, sides too. Nice.

Well, time for me to call it a night. Looking good there!

~ Jim ~