RCU Forums - View Single Post - Norbert's 1.1m balsa cat build
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 PM
colosus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Norbert's 1.1m balsa cat build

Thanx Norbert...

Loadsa info...excellent job..
So both low or high Kv motors could give same performance depending on what setup you will use... i.e how many cells or Lipos and what speed controller you use...controller must support the amp of how many cells u will use ... so the lower the Kv more cells needed and the higher Kv less cells needed...

A 3000-4000Kv only needs like 3s unless Amps needed to run motor was higher then it can take more cells ?

So i could use for example the Scoprion 3226/1600kv for Helicopter motors....meaning less batteries to use...but then Amp is low...which does not mean a fast setup...
like i said my Lehner 2250 needs 160amps... 24 cells ..all ready using a speed controller in the 300+ euros...and this is pure power...with that motor and good prop setup the boat will do over 100kph ...100% ....how can a lower ampage motor get those types of speed if it had less batteries to run it...??
you didnt mention anything about Amps ...so now me a little confused..i thought the higher the amp the more powerfull the motor ..?
I know they are two different things Amp and Kv, i'm just waking up hehe when i write this so do excuse my simple mind....its not working right yet...more coffee...