RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial "NQD" Tear into Jetboat Thread
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM
swervyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial

Hi all, I am curious to know a couple of things and any info greatly appreciated!

Firstly, my boat seems to "skip" or "bounce" on the water a lot. Im only running it in my calm water dam and its continually losing prime just going over my own wake to the point of being a real pain in the ar*e and not much fun to play with. Im wondering if anyone has tried some ballast to keep the boat downin the water and stop the "skipping"? Also has anyone found an ideal cog? I've tried moving the battery around a bit and it seems to run best where I have it (just fwd of the motor, transverse to it) I am running with a ride plate and it makes no difference whether to run with an intake grill or not. Damned annoying! Prop shaft is well greased (tho only with an auto high temp bearing grease) which tends to make a hell of a mess when the water starts running up the shaft into the boat. Im running a3500kv outrunner, mostly at full throttle flying around the dam on 3s 2200mah nanotech's

Which leads me to my next question......has anyone 100% (ish)sealed their propshaft, whether by modding it, changing shaft, fit bearings/seals etc etc? Cause it really pee's me off finding water in the boat (and shaft grease) after a run. Maybe using a proper marine grease will help?

Would really like to get this boat running well, fun to play with, watertight (ish), and reliable so I can get onto my next project content in the knowledge if I want to hit any rapids with the NQD I will enjoy it! At the moment I wouldnt bother with rapids as it loses prime on its own wake!

Thanks for any wisdom!