RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Surfer
Thread: RC Surfer
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM
bearcave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

YPC. Nice burn out.

I'm aware about esc's cooking and burning from overloading or not enoughcooling but I never thought about the water shorting the circuits createing so much heat..... just thought it would shut down...learn something every day.... and yeh flames and swimming are not exactly ideal....
That esc was an Xpower 100amp which fit nice in the hull and never even got warm but needed a 6v receiver batt so its being replaced by a Seaking 90amp with bec..... It says its waterproofbut.... LOL

Iused this stuff we have here called BluTac formy batterysthen taped up but it sure is hard to get down between the wires... do you pu**** in with a stick or something..... Its quite expensive and don't get much cause its just for makeing little balls then sticking posters to walls, maybe i'm useing the wrong stuff.

Anyway I was also thinking of removeing the heatshrink and coating again with thisconformal coating stuff i've done receivers with before...... and then the tac or something around the ends.... and then new heatshrink over the top to shrink on the sealant (if it ever gets here on the slow boat from HK)..... and then tape... and then.....

Thanks for the info..... The lead out before encapsulateing sounds good but the spectrum receiver i used had a little bind button on the pc board.
AND btw when researching esc's i noticed that reveiws of certain esc cooling pipes that were threaded all leaked and needed to be undone and resealed properly before use.... but i guess you know that now... lol

And why you laugh at RC Lisa or Don..... my first board was a $65 nqd Lisa..... I loved the 100% metal actuateing mechanism (which is the rusty steel rudder wire), not to mention the long run time of the 7.2v large capacity 1700mah NiCd.....