RCU Forums - View Single Post - Norbert's 1.1m balsa cat build
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 AM
colosus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Norbert's 1.1m balsa cat build

hmmmm...me still confused.... lol

This Lehner 2250 9winds 160amp motor cost me almost 300euros, how can a motor of less the 100euros ever be comparible, how can you compare the two ..ok compare is the wrong word but... 160amp thats a lot man..and almost any controller needed for that motor will cost between 250 to 390 or more..

For example Norbert...if you take 2 of these motors i have and put those in your Lithium Cat along with 48 cells or..em how many lipos i forget, then your cat will be very very fast..much faster than you got it already..i know this because my same motor is used for HPR boats and MHZ ....but then your talkng silly money for the lipos and controllers...

so i'm still no clearer on how to save money on motors & setups but still have mega speed....how i now see it is if you want speed...your'll have to pay for it..reason i brought this to light is because there's so many motors on the market i got no idea where to start or what to get.. motors 4pole and so on ....some Leopard motors and fast too..there must be about 20 different Leopard motors to choose from....now i seen vids on youtube running Leopard motors then finding out there are other Leopard motors they could have used...why did they get this particular motor.....an not the other..depends on there own setups, yes..but thats not what i mean..its the series of motor..4092 or 4068 or 5698 and it goes on ...lol..
what is it you need to look for to know that your boat will go fast with this motor and this amount of batteries..?? knowing that we're not buying motors made for boats..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...M&feature=fvwp