RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys Super Decathlon coming
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC Guys Super Decathlon coming

Okay,

Well, that about does it on the selling. I've sold ALL the planes I intended to sell on RCU marketplace this past week and through the weekend. This paid for my newly-ordered RC Guys Super Decathlon, my Syssa gas engine (which I ordered in anticipation of selling all that stuff), and about three hundred bucks worth of aftermarket hardware and stuff I bought for the build. That includes servos, gas tank parts for making my Fiji water bottle tank, and even the Tru-Turn spinner (RED, no less. Cool, eh?).

I don't know about you, but usually I start out a build by ordering the kit, then I play catch-up with the engine/motor, and then figure out what parts I'll need to start out with, and then go paycheck-to-paycheck on the rest of the parts, as quickly as I can. This is probably the most prepared I've ever been at the start of a project.

Plus, since I paid for all the things I whipped out out my card to buy (banking on the sales going through), I won't have to suffer certain death at the hands of my beautiful, loving, understanding wife.

I finished up almost all the shipping of engines and stuff, and met and handed off the larger items to all the local pickups. My garage/shop looks a little bare without all the glow birds, but I'm pleased that the plan has gone so well. I did end up with my SIG Sundancer .50 bipe still hanging here. Probably because I couldn't really bear to sell it, and kept the price high enough that I didn't get any real bites. I'm not complaining!

Only waiting for the Tru-Turn spinner, and the Decathlon now.

~ Jim ~[8D]