RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys Super Decathlon coming
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 AM
WI53072

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Guys Super Decathlon coming

Guys,

I am now working on mounting my fuel system and setting up to put my throttle servo in. Being new to gas, I see many folks are removing the idle adjustment screw on their carbs. Is this a good idea or is this just standard operating procedure? Also, what sort of pushroads/connectors are you using for the throttle linkage set-ups? AND what fuel dots and what on/off/charge switches should I use for the 4.8V ignition battery?

Jim I am glad you are geeting all set-up for the arrival of your SD. I am still waiting for my cowl replacement from Dan, and am expecting he must of shipped it last week so more than likely I will see it this week sometime. This thread is huge!!! This plane has had a lot of comments and build tips throughout. I really like Cmoulders radio set up which leaves room for smoke someday if I should decide to go that route as it seems like a lot of messing around. What I am finding is you really have to think hard about where to put what in this plane. So far I have decided to keep the rudder pull - pull servo mounted in the cabin and both elevator servo's mounted externally in the tail of the fuse. It seems the throttle servo gets mounted where ever it suits your engine throttle linkage which is on the left upper portion of the engine mount.

I still need to order a 3.5" spinner for the plane. Looking like Tru-Turn as well.

Paul