RCU Forums - View Single Post - Screwed by HobbyKing
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screwed by HobbyKing

ORIGINAL: Seamus OLeprosy

I have a warranty request on a charger going through the system at the monemt, I am not bombarding them with emails I am letting them get on with it. I will not be going away, and after 150 genuine orders if it is not sorted all hell will break loose.

That will not change their attutude or service one iota. You can yell and scream and send nasty emails and kick the dog all you want but it won't help. I have seen countless stories of the so called warranty process where they screw around for months and then tell the poor customer to pound sand. That and that alone is the reason that so many of us refuse to buy from them.

Over on the other RC site there is a thread in which a guy got a non working 9X tranmitter. The Hobby King customer service rep sent him an email asking him to provide visual proof that the battery was charged before they would even consider helping him. That is one of the most outrageous requests i have ever heard from them. Then, the next poster informs him that HK must take such "extraordinary" steps to avoid being ripped off. Lets think about that for a second. The customer has a bad transmitter and wants to send it back to them at his expense in exchange for one that works, which is what he paid for in the first place.

WHO'S GETTING RIPPED OFF? That was the dumbest argument I have heard in a long time. So the moral of the story is if you buy stuff from them and it doesn't work break out the salt and pepper cause your gonna wind up eating it.

Thin profit margin my butt.