View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screwed by HobbyKing

Sounds like some of the guys are keeping an extra spur gear around .95

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...and_A2035.html

I would try to get a credit from HK and go with a different servo, it sounds like the oem is a plastic gear nothing and people are going to MG servo either D-mg16 or mg 930 and others.

Servo talk I saw

Hi, yes im using the standard mounts in the original positions. The D-MG16 is the perfect fit between the mounts. The original servo is also 41mm. As for the differnce in height (C minus F): The ball joints on the steering arm compensate for it. The steering arm sits 6 degrees past where is would with the standard servo, however it doesnt bind at all, so i dont see that the 6 degrees affects performance in anyway. But if this is a issue, with other servos maybe, i see no reason why the ball joint on the servo arm cant be mounted on the inside (servo side) of the servo arm, however in my case this would have caused the angle to be greater than 6 degrees. The hitec servo will work perfectly and it will be much better than the stock servo (which stripped on my fourth battery)(I even had a hxt 9g held in with a plywood mount while the D-mg16 was being shipped, and even that was better than the stock servo). hope this answers your questions.

FWIW:

HK's GWS Naro Super 19g / 3.6kg / .07sec Digital Servo (PRODUCT ID: GWSVDNRSPJ) has positive reports of improved performance (speed/ torque)over the TRAXXAS #2080 Waterproof Digital Micro Servo users replace with it, that come from the steering of 1/16th TRAXXAS electric cars.

Looks like a good fit for the '1/16 Brushless 4WD Mini Rally - Extreme Edition', also. Maybe it's suitable? Dunno really!

This is a good replacment: Turnigy 380MG Micro Servo (Metal Gear) 3.6kg / .15sec / 15.6g

I use him in my traxxas rally, its great. When my servo of my Turnigy rally will break i also will replace him with this one.