RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial "NQD" Tear into Jetboat Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
swervyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial

Thanks for the info all
Just scrolling/searching back through the thread for the 14th million time looking for clues and came across wparsons post #1441 & 1449 on page 58 and he describes exactly the same issues I am having. Cant locate any definitive answer tho lol. Losing prime on small ripples, having to come to a complete stop to re-prime etc.
I too drilled out the shaft tube and fitted a 3mm brass tube liner. Due to a bent prop shaft the wobble caused the liner to come loose & reamed the hole out in the housing. So I drilled it out a bit more & fitted a 5mm O/D brass tube and used the 3mm tube inside that which worked quite well, (apart from water entering)BUT.....got me thinking that because I ran the brass tube all the way to the impeller that it has now restricted the water flow around where the impeller (2.3mm) shaft would normally be? Thus reducing the impellers ability to "suck" the water? (probably clutching at straws but this WILL NOT beat me!)
Shortened & squared off the back of the ride plate much like mumurzy's (thanks) as was a bit pointy before making it chinewalk also. Seemed to reduce the skipping slightly on the last run.(thanks damfurst)
Going to try the shaft liner again but this time shape it to the inside of the intake well instead of taking it back to the impeller and see if that helps.
Anyway the boat is in pieces again for the 764th time [:@]