RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which (chinese) facctories make various brands of ESC ..?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 PM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Which (chinese) facctories make various brands of ESC ..?

DrMotor,
On occasion I also am intrigued as to which factory supplies the product offered by the retailer.................in a way it is useful because as you pointed out the Hacker 70A ESC is over 100 bucks($109.99) and the Turnigy 70A ESC is $28.73...............and the question is..................(HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT FOLKS)....................ARE WE REALLY GETTING ALMOST 4 TIMES THE VALUE when we pay $109.99 instead of $28.73.................I work in the car rental industry and our rental vehicle prices fluctuate depending upon market demand..............sometimes the difference between a high demand season compared to a slow season for the same car make and model is over a hundred dollars a day. The car rental industry, the airlines, car dealer, RC Hobby retailer all will try to charge as high as the market can bear............this includes re-branding the same item to raise the perception of higher value when deep under the skin it is all the same product but the business owner is able to charge higher because of PERCEPTION OF VALUE...nothing more(same product, same model, same function). Now in the case of Apple Inc. they have a very high standard of quality and are very demanding from the supplier to maintain that high level of quality and therefore Apple is able to command premium prices. In my personal opinion although Apple has a very high quality level IT IS STILL OVERPRICED. Perception of value allows Apple to price it's products very high. It is probably not too far away in quality as the next competitive computer company but the perception is that Apple has a higher quality therefore they will charge more. 'Nuff said.