RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which (chinese) facctories make various brands of ESC ..?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:14 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Which (chinese) facctories make various brands of ESC ..?

ORIGINAL: DrMotor

FOUND OTHER RELEVANT COMMENTS:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1363323
Title: Sorting out the different ESC brands

cryhavoc38: "The Hobbywing Pentium is a great speed controller line and is also found under the following names that are rebranded (just naming a few of them):
Turnigy Plush
Turnigy Sentilon (larger esc's in the 100amp and up range)
Exceed Volcano (now known as the Proton)
FlightPower Flight Tech
Dualsky
Thunderpower Higrade.
RobotBird (UK company/reseller)
EMAX
OEMRC
A couple of the smaller SKY-Holic esc's are hobbywing Pentiums -http://www.sky-holic.com"

THIS IS AN INTERESTING, REVEALINGCOMMENT:
cryhavoc38: " If you ever wanted to not overpay for the Eflite 20 and 40amp "v2" brushless esc's (the ones with the bullets soldered right to the board, look at the Sky Holic esc's. They are the same and less money "

-Since Sky-Holic ESC's arere-branded HobbyWing, and the E-Flite ESC's are identical, then this comment confirms that E-Flite ESC'sare madeby HobbyWing, and are re-branded asE-Flite

BobRCnut:" I just picked up one of the new Gaui 22A ESCs for a new quadcopter. The instruction sheet that came with the Gaui indicates that it's a rebranded Pentium "

R Zielinski: "So are there just three main "high quality" manufacturers, HobbyWing, ZTW and CC? Or are there other good makers? ...
If someone could consolidate a master list of all the various brands that each main manufacturer supplies to, that might rate "sticky" status. It would surehelp with buying programming cards or ESC's to go with your existing cards ..."

-With regard to the last comment, SEEMS THAT THIS HAS NOW BEEN DONE ...
This is the basis of your information? Random comments on the web?

I have had people tell me two things are the same because their names are similar. They are the same thing because they both do something. And the error of their statements was so blatant as to be comical.

I am not saying the statement you quote is wrong but if that is the depth of your research then Iquestion everything in your posts.

"Hey, some guy who knows someone said this thing so it must be true."