RCU Forums - View Single Post - glow to electric conversion
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glow to electric conversion

I fly a mix of Eflite, AXI, Turnigy, Hacker and a few misc. brands. I tend to fly Eflite and others on 1/4 scale and below to keep some costs down, but always fly Hacker on the larger expensive birds. Hacker cost a bit more, but the products are very robust, dependable, powerful, and support, if its ever needed, is great. Currently running a Hacker A60-14L on a 23lb. Porter, pulls it through the air with little effort. Never had any problems with any of the other brands, tho I do think that Eflite ESC's (40 & up) work great, but they seem a bit long and cumbersome, and would rather the switch be an option, plus its on too short of a lead.

Have had couple issues with the switches on Eflite ESC's... i.e., if I plug up the battery but don't turn the switch on within a couple moments, I'll lose binding, if I turn it on within a few moments then back off, it all stays good. If I don't turn the switch on, at the same time the backlight on the radio goes out is when the receiver will lose binding. Odd indeed. If I turn the switch on and plug up, everything stays solid. Very strange, and have only experienced this using Eflite larger ESC's with Spektrum receivers bound to JR radio. Not been able to replicate on Jeti, Hacker or CC ESC's. I still fly Eflite ESC's, I really like their switched ESC's, I just have to pay attention that I don't lose binding plugging up... once powered up and in the air its all spot on, no glitching etc.. go figure..