View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Earthquake 8E new combo

ORIGINAL: St33v3

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

so, im alittle confused.
You buy a bigger motor, and higher amp ESC...only to run 3s so it will be slower for the kids? Just seems a bit odd to me...lol.

Its a nice looking setup tho. You will have to run some 3s in series at some point and let us know how it does. Just make sure the punch control on the esc is turned up. Dont want the extra power blowing the diffs!

I figure you will still get 30mph...and really long runtimes if you run say, 3s 5000mah packs in parallel.
Motor is bigger but with less kv (1900 vs 2230 for the stock one) 21,090 rpm (11.1v x 1900) vs 32,112 rpm (14.4v x 2230)... It is slower

Impossible to run 3s in series, I'm gonna burn the ESC (good for 3-5s).

I tried it yesterday with a 15t pinion.... Looks a little bit fast for 7yo kids. Will have to try with a 12t pinion.

And yeah runtime should be long! 10,000mah!
I got that it was lower KV, but lower KV usually means more torque, and with higher voltage you can gear it higher and achive more speed.

But I didnt realize it was a 5s max ESC. I assumed 6s.

Keep an eye on temps when you gear down. it is possible to "under gear" a motor. I dont really think it will be an issue with that motor on 3s, but id still check the 1st time out to be sure.

your kids are lucky! you are building a drivable, 1/8 scale, 4wd truck with great runtimes for them. I wish my Dad had been into rc.