RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE NEW CERMARK F-16 BUILD IT BETTER, STRONGER, AND FASTER!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THE NEW CERMARK F-16 BUILD IT BETTER, STRONGER, AND FASTER!!!

ORIGINAL: DougV

If i recall correctly, version 3 also came with air-up spring down retracts, version 2 had air-up air-down.

Let me know if you want me to take real close pics of my version 3 cockpit.

Doug.
While i failed to closely inspect the retracts i am fairly certain that they were air-up and air-down. The manual also shows that setup. I won't cut the box open again to verify that but i am quite sure they were au-ad. Also, while dry fitting the components i did notice that the front alignment post on the vertical stab (i think it was the front one, the one without the locking screw) was about an inch short of the hole it is supposed to fit into. That is no problem, i will simply have to drill another hole and maybe reinforce the area a little but that may help indicate which version it is. This kit was put together from spare parts and small issues like that are no problem. I was quite happy and grateful that i was even able to get it. Everything else appears to be a perfect match. Any pics of the cockpit assembly would be very much appreciated.
john