RCU Forums - View Single Post - LocalxLegend's R34 WIP
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
TS656577

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LocalxLegend's R34 WIP

Few updates.  I picked up a few things at Harbor Freight just to try out.  I figured if they dont work, I only spent a couple bucks.  So got a hobby vice (highly recommend for 16$ since it can tilt and all that stuff), a small pipe cutter (works well, especially on styrene), and a tiny hand pipe bender.  Now.  The pipe bender works as advertised but styrene doesn't hold its shape well which I knew would happen.  So I tried a few things.  What I found works best is to bend the styrene and submerge the bender in boiling water for around 5 min, then quickly put the styrene and bender in the freezer until the bender is cold (it'll remain hot much longer than the styrene).

So after that was done, I put them on the intercooler only to realize that the piece with 2 bends from my first few attempts at bending, didn't hold its shape quite as well as the single bend using the method above.  So I ripped them off.  I said at the beginning I want to take my time and do things right.  So I was just thinking and it hit me.  These two pieces will be seen in the bumper so I want them look good.  Why not use the corners of a hanger? They're even the same diameter as what I was using.  Lastly, I got 2 packages (see below).  I'm just waiting on one more package to complete the parts for this.