RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will changing paddle angle affect windy day performance?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will changing paddle angle affect windy day performance?

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

This may sound rude to you given that you show signs of thin skin, but here it goes anyway.....

You are asking an economy car to perform like a sports car. Some brands the smaller helicopters are obviously better than others as far as quality, rigidity, and comopnent fit. You might be fighting an uphill battle. I have zero experience with Esky, other than what I have read in the forums.

The suggestion for heavier paddles is spot on. You can also add flybar weights, and keep the existing paddles. Adding just weight (camera rig) does nothing to help control the helicopter, it just adds to the pendulum effect, and if the head is already loose, you are just compounding the issue. I will not go into the ''wind area'' and how it increases when you add large stuff to the outside of the helicopter, you should have plenty of aerodinamic experience with your airplanes.

I suggest that you wear a thicker skin, and resist the urge to backlash at the people that come here to help. I did not see any insults in the thread, but I bet that you will not see that person dropping by to provide advice to you anymore.

Rafael
+1 re: adding heavier flybar paddles or flybar weight. Also using a longer flybar may also help.