RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: wyumez

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: Thiagooo

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: wyumez

Has anyone found a permanent fix for our drive cup problem? I've read reports of the HR drive cups breaking as well.
Ha! Run it with a NiMH battery. Either that or JBweld the dogbones into the drivecups. The biggest issue to failing drivecups is the slop. If the slop can be taken care of, it should fix the problem. Either that or CVD's will take care of it. With the pins on the dogbones not fitting tight into the cup, it allows them to ''snap'' to seat itself to get power to the wheels. Overtime, it leave indents in the cup and weakens it.
The cupjoint of hotracing breaks?
Mine arrived this week ... still not installed '-'
Only solution is to spend JB? Durepox? But it will be very rigid ...

I haven't tried the HotRacing cups, but I have heard in several instances that they can break also. JB weld or permanently fixing them to the cups will work. But it will be difficult to JB weld the cups coming out of the transmission. My diff cups are still perfect. Its the 4 outer cups, center cups, and the cups that go to the diffs are the ones that wear. I'm sure there are other ways to fix them, but the main thing to do is to stop the dogbone from moving in the cups. Shims, foam, something. See the picture. If you stop the pins from doing this to the cups, problem solved. Doesn't matter how you do it tho.
Here is a [link=http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/140201-smash-savage-xs-build/]link[/link] with a Savage xs build that had problems with the HR cups. I think I'm stubborn and loyal to the Savage, which is why I won't give up on it yet!!!

Hrmm.. I wonder if I can try fuel tubing, or even a hard play-dough like putty I can use to prevent the dogbones from rubbing... silly putty lolz.

I'll search around for a compatible part later on tonight. There MUST be a high-end truggy such as a Kyosho or Mugen drive cup we can use instead.
Well you can either buy expensive drive cups (which for a high end one might cost you) or just shove some kind of good in the cup and jam dogbone in it and put it all back together. Silly putty might not be a bad idea. use something maliable that wont come off inside the cup at high rpms.