RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swoose Build
Thread: Swoose Build
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Swoose Build

The planes are pretty much finished except for the sanding and final set up, for those that have PMed and asked what has been going on with the build, sorry for not posting any photos. You know how it goes after the planes are framed up, nothing looks like it has changed. I have had the floats on and discovered a mistake in the float wires, the length of the templates is way too long and I have to bend new wire. No big deal, I had to bend neew back wires to get the incidence of the floats corrected.
Today I took the floats over to my wood working club to sand off the fill coat, baby powder in my shop stinks and leaves a trail from the shop into the house!
They are glassed and just need to be steel wooled. About the only building part left is glassing up a pair of cowls.
Too bad these planes aren't ready to maiden. Our field, the DRY Lake bed is under about a foot or so of water at the moment.
Anyway, sorry about not posting up on this build. If RCU ever gets therre servers repaired so you can post photos I will be doing a build from MAN plans I really would like to do a build thread on, a complete how to on the Prime Cut plus 20. Can't wait to get to that build but I have to get my #1 Swoose glassed and painted before I move on to another build. Next build if the old time Saytr for a friend. I was going to do two again but I really want to get to the Prime Cut!
Gene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71376.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1801409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni25101.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1801410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20936.jpg
Views:	25