RCU Forums - View Single Post - savage top speed?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:38 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: savage top speed?

ORIGINAL: llkoolskillet

Well I have put up my numbers to compare to yours and my average rpm unload is 3,500 higher than yours regardless of the fact your motor may be able to reach 40k+. However you still want to continue arguing your point of a truggy motor in a savage. But hey when someone wants a modded motor who cares if it makes power lets just let it scream it's face off.

Plain and simple you need torque to push the gearing and HP to carry you across the line. Technically your telling me I don't know how to gear my truck to 25k... Hmm ok I haven't even begun to play with traxxas gearing yet.

My savage also reaches 50mph in the same distance as your 45k truggys. Takes ages huh to reach speed. Kinda funny when its still faster than my 6s flux geared for 75+ mph

I think your right Neal both points have been argued and gotten no where. But if anyone wants pointers on how to go fast in a savage, just ask

you have no data on my average RPM.... LOL.... How can you even assume that ? you have no clue what my average RPM is LOL......We have no common testing to compare.

Almost all nitro engines make peak power at 25K....very rarely does one make more power at higher RPM then it does at 25K...even high strung .21's......... you can see the dyno curves for yourself.....

you act like I dont know what torque is...LOL....Of course I know what torque is...look at my dyno curves i posted if you want to see torque my friend..check the OS 28......it eats Picco's for breakfast...single speed truggies require more torque then a 2 speed MT does.... put that Picco in a truggy and see for yourself.....

my truggy reaches 50 MPH in 180 ft.....I think it would go 0-50 MPH and back down to zero in less time than it takes your Savage to reach 50 and it will do it in half the distance.....Savage has zero chance running side by side with the truggy...... And yes the truggy eats the 6S flux alive in a drag race to 50 MPH........truggies accelerate much faster then a MT does.....not even fair or realistic to compare them......truggies are rockets..

in the end major props for you making 59 MPH..I really hope to see you go faster........ however please don't be blowing it out of proportion, you have not engineered the first manned lunar landing here or anything like that, so don't be letting your head swell too far over this one .............

Once again Robin of course did a great job on your engine, but please don't be comparing it to any of mine.... Good or bad you have zero data to compare them one way or the other...