RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Bob, I fly Futaba so I am NOT bashing Futaba. But what I find inescusable is that the top brands do not give a real time indication of signal quality. Some sort of alarm to let you know that the signal being received in the aircraft is getting weaker than a set amount. Maybe the new Futaba 18 does this, but certainly not my 12FG. Weatronics allows you to see this. Were it not for the legendary crappy customer service, I'd be flying brand W.
Well now that there is telemetry in the Futaba systems, I too would like to see signal strength as one of the parameters that could be sent/stored. However, I have *never* had a occasion where I wanted to see it, so not having it was not a big deal to me. The FASST RF link has been rock-solid for me in much more harsh environments that typical RC applications, so I have not had the desire to monitor the signal strength.

The data is out there on the receiver sensitivity of the FASST system vs. its closest competitor and it is so far superior that its no wonder the FASST link performs better. Before I'd go to any other system, I'd want to be sure that it had similar performance. *That* is the best way to prevent loss-of-link, so I'd want to be sure that I was not giving up that quality just to get telemetry...

Bob
Bob, where can you find this data? I checked the Futaba site and it only lists dimensions, current draw, weight. Weatronics lists receiver sensitivity at -100db. Thats pretty darn sensitive. I'd like to see how it compares to Futaba and others.

Mike