RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

I have to respectfully disagree, I would much rather have the information telling me that the link is good rather than blind faith based on the system's good performance history. Don't forget, that even though you have never experienced an RF link failure with Futaba, other people have , many of them having many successful flights before the one failure.

I flew JR/Spektrum DSM2 in all my planes for years and it performed flawlessly. I switched the jets to Weatronic for the added features and security but, still fly the giant aerobatic stuff on DSM2 with never a glitch. Still I can't discount the fact that other's have had failures.

I'm sure Weatronic can fail too but, the difference is you will know what happened or what didn't happen ie. battery failure, servo lock up etc.

Mike

I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't like to have the information, I just don't *have* to have it to have faith in the system. Also, in my case, its *not* blind faith, it is very well informed faith based on extensive use beyond what the system sees in every-day RC use. Based on that, I'm certainly not going to change to another system that I have no experience with just because it can tell me how good or bad the link is during flight. If I wanted that, I'd have changed to Spektrum, but why would I go to a worse link just because it has telemetry?!?! That would be crazy...

Bob