RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another NitroPlanes Conversion (CMP T-45)
Old 09-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another NitroPlanes Conversion (CMP T-45)

Hi Guys,

I know a few of these have been converted to fly with P-20's, and Kolibri 25's... but I couldn't find anyone dumb enough to stuff a MW44 into it.

Anyway.... here's my little CMP T-45 with a wren 44 installed. This was bought from Nitroplanes for $127 shipped. The air frame isn't too bad... and unlike the Falcon 120... you don't have to re-glue all the bulkheads. I didn't do anything fancy... this is just a sport jet. And keeping with that... I used Shifu (from Kung foo panda) as my pilot. Also... I wanted to be able to fly this off grass... so it has fixed gear, with 3" main and 2.5" nose wheels. (with my homemade air brakes)

I will edit this tomorrow with a ready to fly weight, but I'm estimating it at about 8 Lbs. (should be fun with 10 Lbs of thrust)

As I said above... it's a 44 gold, using the "Wren" pipe, and holding 32 oz of fuel, and a 4oz Hanson air trap, and I hope to do it's maiden at the fall TurboFest at Titusville.

The bottom vid is just a test start to make sure it didn't set itself on fire. (lol)

Let me know what you think.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7m2qjkxFBc&feature=share&list=UUolQNncUzg7XlXEOCrEIPOA[/youtube]