RCU Forums - View Single Post - bad rc flying fields
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bad rc flying fields

ORIGINAL: countilaw

I have visited and flown at many fields in my lifetime. I've really never met one that wasn't friendly or didn't throw out a welcome mat. But I am sure there are a few people around that are members that just throw out a bad persona once in awhile.

However, before I unload any planes, I walk around and introduce myself to the other people that are present. And before I drag anything out, I always ask one of the club members if I can use their field. I've never had one yet, say no! I have had a few ask if I was a AMA member though. Big deal. [img][/img]

Sorry the ole boy had a problem. [img][/img]

Frank [img][/img]
That seems reasonable. I never go to a field and just fly unless I am a member in good standing and even then I do believe I should be respectful. I am in two clubs and one thing is for sure they are very different. One basically has no rules but the basic just behave yourself and respect others, and the other club is full of rules. I do think the club with more rules has many more problems which I find rather interesting.

I fly accordingly with respect in both situations. Sometimes stuff happens and we make some mistakes. I also notice that it is different in different areas.

Disclaimer: Don't flame I am merely stating what I have seen by observation. If an area is rural with mostly "country folk" you just don't have as many issues. If an area has more "city folk" you have more problems. I have yet to figure out why that is. Maybe it is because the country flyers are out more often and not couped up in the house? I don't know, but do wonder and have seen it first hand.

To give you an example, this past spring at club "A" there was a work day. You never heard so much bickering, cursing, and complaining about stuff in your life. It reminded me of teenagers. One fellow got so mad he packed up his stuff and drove off in a flurry! Club "B" also had a work day and all had a great time, got all the work done and even took some time to chat a bit.

Guess what club has the most problems? Just to let you know this was not an unusual incident I have seen problems at club "A" multiple times in the past three years. A number of members dropped out this year. I spoke with two different ones and they said way too much crap going on all the time.