RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: Weatronics....considering a change .is it worth the investment?

ORIGINAL: bigbri

Thanks guys. ....it seems to me from this thread weatronics has some customer service issues Also seems over complicated, along with limited, if any customer support I think the best thing for me right now is to stay with Futaba ..it has.been a solid system for me

The Weatronics system is only as complicated as you wish it to be, but the "complications" greatly enhance the all -round peformance and capability of the system A Micro receiver, (an extremely capable unit , available with 3 internal gyros, freely programmable and assignable to any and all channels, for example, can be used as a plug and play receiver just like any other receiver. Just bind it to the Tx and off you go, introduce further aspects later as experience and requirements dictate, all part of the fun !

Having evaluated many aspects of performance, particularly currents, on some large models using the larger 12-22 receivers the Micro receiver is perfectly capable of flying quite large models so a Micro plus a Powerbox Sensor switch for voltage regulation is installed in two largish jets (Reaction and Revision) and that combo has just gone into my refurbished BVM F4 with Pegasus power.

Lance mentioned antennae orientation and location, (I remember assisting him with that at Dayton on the SR 71) At Jet Power (where several display models were displaying Weatronics logo) I was shown and purchased new receiver "patch" antennae which further effectively improves (5 to 7Db) receiver sensitivity and greatly reduces the affect of orientation inherent on the current dual aerials. I will evaluate its benefits on a Reaction before installing in my SkyGate Hawk.

The new Weatronic transmitter will not be available until next summer and is different in that it does not offer "channels" but functions. More later when I get more detailed information.

Having used this system since its inception (and now using 3 Tx systems, 2 12Xs and a 10X) and with 13 receivers, (all types, 12-22s, Micros, Smarts and Clever plus a Tiny coming) in use I have a reasonable amount of experience with this system. I would argue, based on that experience, that it is by far the most capable, safest and flexible control system ever offered for R/C flying.

Customer service IS improving. (and it needs to !)

Regards,

David